TOTAL Fine Arts is seeking to fill the position of International Import/Export Specialist.
Our team is growing again to meet customer demand! Seeking applicants for immediate openings. TOTAL Fine Arts is built on experienced staff with a clear understanding of what is expected, the precautions needed, and the absolute care required when handling priceless shipments. This position requires demonstrated knowledge of international shipping industry and customs processes as well as exceptional customer service to high profile clients. You will be required to be proactive and coordinate with international parties, operations departments, and clients to ensure successful project completion. You must be proactive with clients and operations to ensure seamless project management, and immediately communicate any changes that may arise to stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
– Prepare shipping documentation, and work closely with customs brokerage, warehouse and road transport departments
– Prepare permits related to shipment (i.e. CITES, Cultural Property, etc.)
– Provide consultative support and advice to our clients in regard to our services.
– Provide project estimates and respond to RFQs based on scope of work.
– Offer solutions to clients though our array of services and benefits.
– Schedule & coordinate shipment bookings with clients with a focus on international moves.
– Work with and provide support to senior fine arts staff & management.
– Handle all emails and calls with authority and professionalism.
– Work in a fast paced environment, keeping an acute attention to detail.
– Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with emphasis in Transportation and Logistics, Sales and Marketing, or International Business, preferred but not required.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience in international transportation, freight forwarding, including air and sea transport.
– Comprehensive understanding of operational procedures regarding air, ocean, and international import/export process
– Knowledge of permits, import/export restrictions as related to client projects
– Successful completion of CIFFA or CITT an asset
– Experience working with arts and culture community
– Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, database experience, etc.)
– Able to take charge, make decisions and positively manage change as and when needed.
– Understanding best practices for the handling and transporting needs, with a focus on the arts
– Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
– Strong administrative and organizational capabilities
– Attention to detail is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and any pertinent information to: email@example.com.
Closing date to apply is Friday, June 29th, 2018.